You have no items in your shopping cart.
Blog Pro Upgrade Guide from 1.1 to 1.2 version
We have tried to do everything possible for the upgrade to the new version to be painless. However, we decided to put together a small upgrade guide.
For those who did not make any code alterations to the installed Blog Pro version, you can follow these steps to upgrade the product:
- Make a backup of your files and data
- Disable compilation, if it is enabled in your store (System -> Tools -> Compilation)
- Enable all types of Cache
- If possible, place the shop in maintenance mode by creating a "maintenance.flag" file in the root folder. This will ensure smooth installation.
- Upload the new source files to your site, replacing the old files. Do not forget to update the theme files.
- Delete the file "maintenance.flag"
- Update all Cache and enable a new type of cache "Magpleasure Data" which will speed up the blog and our other products.
- Reindex newly emerged index Magpleasure Search Index. This allows your visitors to search for particular article in your blog
- If necessary, recompile your Magento store.
If there were extensive modifications to the code you would need a professional to perform an upgrade.
If you're a Magneto power user and using the MySQL 5.6 server, you can change the engine type for tables mp_search_index_* from MyISAM to InnoDB. This change will significantly increase the performance of the blog search function.
Do not forget to make a backup before attempting any changes.
We wish you a happy and successful upgrade to Blog Pro 1.2
P.S. If you are not confident to perform the upgrade yourself, you can always use our extension upgrade service. We will be happy to help you.
Attention! If for some reason you want to keep the old style icons, you can use the ‘Icon Style’ option to select the old style icons.